Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe:
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Instructions for Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, and chili powder and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, green chilies, corn, and shredded chicken. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with cilantro, crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 301 Fat: 14g Carbs: 21g Protein: 22g
To dress it up, you can add some extra toppings like avocado, sour cream, or chopped fresh cilantro. You can also serve it with a side of tortilla chips or a warm corn tortilla.