Italian Baked Meatballs
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Instructions for Italian Baked Meatballs recipe:
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 16 meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and spoon marinara sauce over each meatball.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the meatballs.
- Return the meatballs to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Dress it up by placing meatballs on a serving platter, and pour some extra marinara sauce on top. Garnish with fresh parsley or basil leaves.
Nutrition per serving (based on 4 servings): Calories: 380 Fat: 22g Carbohydrates: 15g Protein: 28g