Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 6-8 hours Total Time: 6-8 hours 15 minutes Serves: 6-8
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans (10.5 oz each) cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (about 8 oz) frozen or refrigerated dumplings
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Instructions for Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings recipe:
- In a slow cooker, combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, diced onion, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it with two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the frozen or refrigerated dumplings.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until the dumplings are cooked through and fluffy.
- Serve the chicken and dumplings in bowls, garnished with fresh parsley, if desired.
Nutrition per serving: (based on 6 servings) Calories: 390 Fat: 11g Carbs: 42g Protein: 25g
Note: Nutritional information may vary based on the specific ingredients used.