Simple Beef Stroganoff
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Serves: 4-6 people
- 1 lb beef sirloin or tenderloin, sliced into thin strips
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Egg noodles or rice, for serving
Instructions for Simple Beef Stroganoff recipe:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to combine. Gradually add the beef broth, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Return the beef to the pan and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.
To dress it up and make it more presentable, you can garnish it with chopped parsley or chives, and serve it in a nice platter.
Nutrition per serving (based on 6 servings):
- Calories: 367
- Fat: 18g
- Carbs: 13g
- Protein: 37g