I am not familiar with a recipe called “Sarah’s Easy Shredded Chicken Taco Filling.” However, I can provide a recipe for shredded chicken tacos that is similar.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4-6
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, etc.
Instructions for Sarah s Easy Shredded Chicken Taco Filling recipe:
- In a large bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and toss to coat the chicken evenly with the spice mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the chicken broth or water.
- Once the liquid is hot, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, use two forks to shred the chicken in the skillet.
- Cook the shredded chicken for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through and well coated with the remaining juices in the skillet.
- Serve the shredded chicken in warm tortillas and add your favorite toppings.
Dressing it up:
- You can add a variety of toppings to make your tacos look beautiful and delicious. Some ideas include shredded cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, or avocado slices.
- You can also add some fresh cilantro or lime wedges for garnish.
Nutrition per serving (based on 4 servings):
- Total Calories: 437
- Total Fat: 12g
- Total Carbs: 5g
- Total Protein: 74g
Note: Nutrition information will vary depending on the specific ingredients and toppings used.