Salisbury Steak is a classic American dish that typically consists of a ground beef patty, seasoned with herbs and spices, and served with gravy. Here is a recipe for Salisbury Steak that serves 4 people:
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes
Instructions for Salisbury Steak recipe:
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into 4 equal-sized patties.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the patties to the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until browned and fully cooked. Remove the patties from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, add the beef broth and flour and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer for about 3-4 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Return the patties to the skillet and spoon the gravy over them.
- Cover the skillet and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the patties are heated through.
- Serve the Salisbury Steak on plates, spooning gravy over the top.
- Accompany the dish with mashed potatoes, green beans, or carrots.
- Add a sprinkle of parsley or chives on top of it for a beautiful presentation.
Nutrition per serving (1 patty with gravy):
- Total calories: 468
- Total fat: 30 g
- Total carbs: 16 g
- Total protein: 28 g
This can be a pretty high-calorie dish, you may want to consider serving it with a salad or roasted vegetables.