- 4 cube steaks (about 1/4 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 8 minutes Total Time: 13 minutes Serves: 4
Instructions for Pan-Fried Cube Steaks with Simple Pan Sauce recipe:
- Season the cube steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish and coat the steaks on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the steaks to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the steaks from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the beef broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the butter and parsley and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened.
- Return the steaks to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Serve immediately.
To dress it up, you can serve the steaks with a side of roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes. You can also garnish with additional fresh parsley or chopped herbs.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 350 Fat: 24g Carbs: 5g Protein: 28g