Here is a recipe for Marie’s Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast:
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 8-10 hours Total Time: 8-10 hours 15 minutes Serves: 8
Instructions for Marie’s Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe:
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, thyme, rosemary, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge the beef in the flour mixture, then brown it on all sides in the skillet.
- Transfer the beef to the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, garlic, beef broth, red wine, and tomato paste to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Add the carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker during the last hour of cooking.
- Once done, remove the beef and vegetables from the slow cooker and place them on a platter.
- Slice the beef and serve with the vegetables.
To dress it up, you can garnish with fresh herbs like thyme or parsley.
Nutrition per serving (based on 8 servings): Calories: 572 Fat: 35g Carbs: 25g Protein: 38g
Note: Nutritional information may vary depending on the specific ingredients and brands used.