Here is a recipe for Hamburger Potato Casserole that serves 6 people:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions for Hamburger Potato Casserole recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and chopped onion over medium heat until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent.
- Drain the excess grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir in the cooked ground beef and onion.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, layer half of the sliced potatoes on the bottom of the dish.
- Pour half of the meat mixture on top of the potatoes. Repeat layering with the remaining potatoes and meat mixture.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for 5 minutes before serving.
To make it more visually appealing, you can garnish the casserole with chopped fresh parsley or chives.
Nutrition per serving (1/6 of the casserole): Calories: 422 Fat: 24 g Carbs: 26 g Protein: 26 g