Easy Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Recipe:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes Serves: 6-8 people
- 2-3 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 cup of red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
Instructions for Easy Pressure Cooker Pot Roast recipe:
- Start by seasoning the beef chuck roast generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Turn on your pressure cooker and select the sauté function. Wait until the pot is hot, then add a tablespoon of oil.
- Add the seasoned beef roast to the pot and brown it on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside on a plate.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots, celery, and minced garlic to the pot and cook until the vegetables are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, dried thyme, dried rosemary, dried basil, salt, and pepper and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the red wine and beef broth, stirring to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Place the beef back into the pot, making sure it is completely covered by the liquid.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker, making sure the valve is set to “sealing”. Select the “meat/stew” setting and set the cook time for 60 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the beef from the pot and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing it.
- If you want to thicken the sauce, remove 2 cups of liquid from the pot and whisk in 2 tbsp of cornstarch. Place the pot back on the sauté function and let the sauce simmer until it has thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
To dress it up:
- Serve the pot roast with creamy mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables and garnish with fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary.
Nutrition (per serving, based on 8 servings):
- Total Calories: 330
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 28g
Enjoy your delicious and easy pressure cooker pot roast!