Easy Paella recipe:
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes Total time: 65 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 2 cups short-grain Spanish rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- Lemon wedges for serving
Instructions for Easy Paella recipe:
- In a large paella pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, smoked paprika, and saffron and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with the tomato mixture.
- Pour in the chicken broth, bring to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, mussels, peas, and parsley to the pan. Cover and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To dress it up, you can garnish it with some lemon wedges, chopped parsley or some alioli
Nutrition per serving (based on 4 servings): Calories: 478 Fat: 19g Carbs: 51g Protein: 22g
Note: Paella is a classic Spanish dish that can be made with a variety of meats and seafood. This recipe is a simple version that can be easily made at home, but feel free to customize it with your favorite ingredients.