Easy Homemade Chili
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes Total time: 60 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of beef or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, green onions
Instructions for Easy Homemade Chili recipe:
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef or turkey over medium-high heat. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, broth, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the flavors have melded together.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve the chili hot, with your choice of toppings.
Nutrition per serving (based on 4 servings): Calories: 342 Fat: 12 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Protein: 25 g
To make it beautiful, you can garnish it with toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, green onions, and cilantro.