Here is a recipe for Cast Iron Pan-Seared Steak Oven-Finished:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2
- 2 (8-ounce) ribeye steaks, at least 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup (60ml) beef broth or red wine
Instructions for Cast Iron Pan-Seared Steak Oven-Finished recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the vegetable oil.
- Carefully place the steaks in the skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side or until a crust forms.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the minced garlic and thyme sprigs.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and cook for 8-10 minutes for medium-rare, or longer if desired.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the steaks to a plate to rest for a few minutes.
- Place the skillet back on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef broth or red wine to the skillet and scrape the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits.
- Cook the sauce for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice the steaks against the grain and serve with the sauce.
To dress it up, you can garnish it with chopped fresh parsley or chives and serve it with a side of roasted vegetables or a salad.
Nutrition per serving (2 steaks): Calories: 735 Fat: 55g Carbs: 0g Protein: 57g
Note: Nutritional information may vary depending on the specific ingredients and brand you use.