Beef Bulgogi Recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Serves: 4 people
- 1 pound thinly sliced beef (such as sirloin or rib-eye)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Lettuce leaves (optional), for serving
Instructions for Beef Bulgogi recipe:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, rice wine, honey, and black pepper.
- Add the beef to the bowl and toss to coat. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the beef and marinade, and cook until the beef is browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the onion and green onions to the skillet and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the beef bulgogi over a bed of cooked rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
- You can also wrap the bulgogi in lettuce leaves for a refreshing twist.
Nutrition per serving (based on 4 servings):
- Total Calories: 550
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 45g
Dress it up:
- You can top the bulgogi with sliced green onions, sesame seeds, and/or red pepper flakes for an extra pop of color and flavor.
- You can also serve it with pickled vegetables or a side of kimchi for a traditional Korean meal.
I hope you enjoy this delicious and classic Korean dish!