I’m sorry, but there are many variations of lasagna recipes, and it would be subjective to say which one is the “world’s best.” However, I can provide you with a classic lasagna recipe that is known to be popular and delicious.
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour and 20 minutes Total time: 1 hour and 50 minutes Serves: 8-10 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 15 oz of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
Instructions for World’s Best Lasagna recipe:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, egg, and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread a small amount of meat sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Place 3 noodles on top of the sauce. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers of noodles, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella cheese twice more.
- Pour remaining meat sauce over the top, spreading it evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 553
- Fat: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Protein: 28g
Note that these values can vary depending on the ingredients and the proportion you use.