Here is a recipe for stuffed peppers:
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes Total time: 60 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: chopped fresh herbs (parsley, basil, or cilantro) for garnish
Instructions for Stuffed Peppers recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef or turkey until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, cooked rice, and salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the meat and rice mixture, and place them in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the stuffed peppers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and golden.
- Let the peppers cool for a few minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with chopped fresh herbs.
Nutrition per serving (assuming 4 servings): Calories: 400 Fat: 20g Carbs: 32g Protein: 26g
To dress it up and make it beautiful, you can arrange the stuffed peppers on a platter, and garnish with fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, or cilantro. Additionally, you can drizzle it with your favourite sauce, like sour cream, mayo, or salsa.