Spicy Thai Basil Chicken (Pad Krapow Gai) is a popular and flavorful Thai dish made with ground chicken, Thai basil, and a spicy sauce.
In the recipe I provided for Spicy Thai Basil Chicken (Pad Krapow Gai), the preparation time is 15 minutes and the cooking time is 10 minutes. The total time to make the recipe is the sum of the preparation time and the cooking time, which in this case would be 25 minutes.
Here is a recipe for you to try:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Total time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
Instructions for Spicy Thai Basil Chicken (Pad Krapow Gai) recipe:
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground chicken and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, or until it is fully cooked.
- Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and chili flakes (if using) and stir to combine.
- Add the Thai basil leaves and stir-fry for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the leaves are wilted.
- Serve the spicy Thai basil chicken over a bed of rice or noodles.
To dress it up and make it look beautiful, you can garnish the dish with additional fresh Thai basil leaves and a sprinkle of chili flakes.
Nutrition per serving (based on 4 servings):
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 24g
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions or need any substitutions.