Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 8-10 hours Total Time: 8-10 hours, 15 minutes Serves: 8
- 4-5 pound corned beef brisket
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Instructions for Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe:
- Place the corned beef brisket in the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, cabbage, garlic, and onion to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the beef broth, water, bay leaves, black peppercorns, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Pour the mixture over the contents of the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the corned beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove the corned beef from the slow cooker and slice it against the grain. Serve the corned beef slices with the vegetables on the side.
To dress it up, you can garnish the dish with fresh parsley or chives, and serve it with a side of horseradish or mustard for dipping.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 690 Fat: 48g Carbs: 24g Protein: 42g