Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 8 hours Total time: 8 hours 20 minutes Serves: 6
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef stew meat in a little oil until it is browned on all sides. Remove the meat from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onion and garlic until softened.
- In a slow cooker, combine the beef broth, water, potatoes, carrots, and peas. Stir in the tomato paste, flour, thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Add the browned beef and the sautéed onions and garlic to the slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Discard the bay leaf before serving.
To make the stew look more beautiful, you can garnish it with fresh chopped parsley or chives.
Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 367
- Fat: 16g
- Carbs: 24g
- Protein: 30g
Note: This is a rough estimate and may vary depending on the brands and specific measurements of ingredients used.