I don’t have any specific recipe for “Mom’s Fabulous Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Crust” on hand. However, I can provide you with a general recipe for chicken pot pie with a biscuit crust that you can adjust to your liking.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 1 hour Servings: 4
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Bisquick or similar biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
Instructions for Mom’s Fabulous Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Crust recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, vegetables, onion, and garlic until the chicken is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the flour, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the chicken broth, heavy cream, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the biscuit mix, milk, and beaten egg.
- Pour the chicken mixture into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Drop spoonfuls of the biscuit mixture over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the biscuit crust is golden brown.
Nutrition per serving (without additional dressing): Calories: 360 Fat: 19 g Carbohydrates: 23 g Protein: 23 g
To make the dish look beautiful, you can add some fresh herbs like chopped parsley, chives or thyme on top of the pot pie. Serve it with a green salad or a bowl of soup.