Mississippi Pot Roast is a comforting, slow-cooked beef dish that is perfect for feeding a crowd.
- 3-4 pound beef roast (chuck or rump roast)
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix
- 1 packet of au jus gravy mix
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 8 pepperoncini peppers
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 8-10 hours (slow cooker) or 4-6 hours (pressure cooker) Total Time: 8-10 hours (slow cooker) or 4-6 hours (pressure cooker) Serves: 8-10
Instructions for Mississippi Pot Roast recipe:
- Place the beef roast in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning mix and the au jus gravy mix over the roast.
- Place the butter on top of the roast.
- Add the pepperoncini peppers around the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Once the roast is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it with two forks.
- Serve the shredded beef on buns or with mashed potatoes.
To dress it up:
- Serve the shredded beef on toasted buns with melted cheese and a side of roasted vegetables.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or chives.
Nutrition per serving (based on 8 servings): Calories: 364 Fat: 27g Carbs: 2g Protein: 28g Note: Nutritional information will vary depending on the cut of beef used and serving size.