Here is a recipe for Indian chicken curry that serves 4 people:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Instructions for Indian Chicken Curry (Murgh Kari) recipe:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until it is no longer pink on the outside, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, water, and heavy cream to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Season the curry with salt to taste. Stir in the cilantro just before serving.
To dress the dish and make it look beautiful, you can garnish it with additional chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of ground cumin.
Per serving, this recipe provides approximately:
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 21g
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions.