Quiche is a savory pie typically made with a crust, eggs, and a variety of fillings such as cheese, vegetables, and meat. The ingredients are mixed together and baked in a pie dish, creating a flavorful and satisfying dish that can be served hot or cold. This particular recipe is for a simple quiche that is made with a store-bought or homemade pie crust, eggs, milk, cheese, and vegetables. Here is a recipe for a simple quiche that serves two people:
Ingredients of Quiche:
- 1 store-bought pie crust or homemade pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (such as cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1 cup diced vegetables (such as bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, or spinach)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions on how to cook Quiche:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Press the pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish, crimping the edges if desired.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Stir in the cheese and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the quiche for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set.
- Let the quiche cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This recipe should take about 45 minutes in total, including the baking time.
Nutrition of this food:
As for nutrition, one serving of this quiche (half of the pie) will have approximately:
- 350 calories
- 22 grams of protein
- 23 grams of fat
- 20 grams of carbohydrates
- 2 grams of fiber
You can serve the quiche as is or dress it up with a salad or some fruit. You could also serve it with a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkle of fresh herbs. Enjoy!