- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes Total time: 1 hour and 45 minutes Serves: 6-8
Instructions for Homemade Spaghetti Sauce with Ground Beef recipe:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the excess fat.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles.
To dress it up, you can top with grated Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh basil, or a drizzle of olive oil.
Nutrition per serving (based on 8 servings): Calories: 305 Fat: 18g Carbs: 16g Protein: 20g