Homemade Smash Burgers
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20 lean-to-fat ratio)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo
Instructions for Homemade Smash Burgers recipe:
- Divide the ground beef into 4 equal portions.
- Season each portion with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over high heat.
- Using a spatula or your hand, flatten each portion of beef into a thin patty, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the patties on the skillet or griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 3-4 minutes for medium, and 4-5 minutes for well-done.
- During the last 30 seconds of cooking, top each patty with a slice of American cheese to melt.
- Toast the hamburger buns on the skillet or griddle.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a patty on the bottom bun, followed by any desired toppings.
- Serve immediately.
To make it beautiful:
- Place the lettuce on the bottom bun followed by the patty, cheese, tomato, onion and pickles, and top it with ketchup, mustard and mayo.
- You can also add bacon, avocado or fried egg to make it more delicious.
Nutrition per serving (without toppings):
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 28g
- Carbs: 1g
- Protein: 22g
Please note: These nutritional values are approximate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used.