- One whole chicken (4-5 lbs)
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- One tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- One tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
- One tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- One lemon, cut into wedges
Instructions to make Herb-Roasted Chicken :
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Mix the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and brush the herb mixture all over the chicken. Squeeze the lemon wedges over the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
This recipe is for a whole chicken that weighs 4-5 lbs, which should be enough to feed 4-6 people, depending on their appetite and whether or not you are serving any other dishes alongside the chicken. If you need to feed a larger group, you can adjust the recipe by using multiple chickens or adding more ingredients to increase the quantity.
As far as nutrition goes, a 4-ounce serving of roasted chicken breast without the skin provides around:
- 26 grams of protein
- 0 grams of carbohydrate
- 3 grams of fat
Roasted chicken is a good source of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body. This recipe is also a good source of B vitamins, which are important for energy production, and minerals such as phosphorus, vital for strong bones.