Here is a recipe for Chicken Parmesan that should serve 4 people:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Instructions for Chicken Parmesan recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. In a separate shallow dish, beat the eggs. In a third shallow dish, mix together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each chicken breast in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess. Then dip it in the beaten egg, and finally coat it in the bread crumb mixture. Place the coated chicken breasts on a baking sheet.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the breaded chicken breasts and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and top each breast with about 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
To dress up the dish, you can serve the chicken over a bed of pasta, garnished with fresh basil leaves and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition per serving (1 chicken breast):
- Calories: 365
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 36g