Chicken Marsala is a classic Italian dish that is made with chicken breasts, Marsala wine, and mushrooms. It is a fairly easy dish to prepare and can be on the table in about 45 minutes.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Instructions for Chicken Marsala recipe:
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the flour in a shallow dish and coat the chicken breasts in the flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the mushrooms and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until they are tender. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour in the Marsala wine and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add the butter and stir until it is melted.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the top. Garnish with chopped parsley.
To dress it up, you could serve the chicken marsala over a bed of pasta or rice and garnish with additional chopped parsley. You could also add a side of vegetables, such as steamed asparagus or roasted Brussels sprouts.
Per serving, this recipe contains about 466 calories, 20 grams of fat, 31 grams of carbohydrates, and 40 grams of protein.