Here is a recipe for Chicken Katsu:
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Total time: 35 minutes Servings: 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Katsu sauce, for serving (you can use store-bought or make your own by mixing together equal parts soy sauce, sugar, and ketchup)
Instructions for Chicken Katsu recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create thin cutlets.
- Set up a breading station by placing the flour, eggs (beaten), and bread crumbs in separate shallow dishes.
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Coat each cutlet in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Dip the floured cutlets in the beaten eggs.
- Coat the cutlets in bread crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere.
- Heat a few inches of oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the breaded chicken cutlets and cook until they are golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cooked cutlets to a wire rack set over a baking sheet and place them in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Serve the chicken katsu with katsu sauce and your choice of sides.
To dress it up, you can garnish the chicken katsu with sliced green onions, sesame seeds, and a sprinkle of paprika.
Nutrition per serving (assuming 4 servings):
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 18g
- Carbs: 34g
- Protein: 29g
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions.