Here is a recipe for jambalaya that serves 6-8 people and takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to prepare and cook.
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 green onions, sliced
Instructions for Best Jambalaya recipe:
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until it is no longer pink.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they are pink and cooked through.
- Remove the sausage, chicken, and shrimp from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the onion, bell peppers, celery, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, rice, paprika, Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, and bay leaf to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- Add the sausage, chicken, and shrimp back to the pot and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve hot.
To dress up the jambalaya and make it look more attractive, you can try garnishing it with additional sliced green onions or fresh parsley. You could also serve it with a side of crusty bread or cornbread to soak up the delicious juices.
Per serving, this jambalaya recipe contains approximately:
- 558 calories
- 27 grams of fat
- 42 grams of carbohydrates
- 44 grams of protein
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification on any of the steps.